This Is 40

This Is 40
The only reason I can think that other reviewers didn't think it was funny is because they are not married with kids. Maybe there are certain truths in this movie that i think are simply hilarious but you may not fully get until you are married. My kids are not nearly as old as those in the movie...but already I can relate to a lot of the instances and that is why it is so funny. If you were looking for a pot-smoking-drop-out sequel to "Knocked Up" then this is definitely not it. It is a different humor and maybe you have to have been at the same point in your life as these two characters for it to be truly hilarious. Yes, it is not pretty at times, the lady of the house complains and the gentleman is clueless...I don't know about anyone else but that can describe me and my husband some days of the year! As for a reviewer saying all the funny bits were in the ads...I don't know what ads he watched but the ones I watched weren't even in the movie!! (for instance Paul Rudd in his underwear while his daughter skypes a boy...that does not actually make the final cut of the film.) I'm not 40 yet, but I thought this film was fantastic!

Synopsis: From the director of Knocked Up comes a comedic look at an American family as one couple (Paul Rudd, Leslie Mann) tries to balance romance, parents and children in their own hilarious ways.
Starring: Paul Rudd, Leslie Mann
Supporting actors: John Lithgow, Megan Fox, Maude Apatow, Iris Apatow, Chris O'Dowd, Jason Segel, Melissa McCarthy, Albert Brooks, Lena Dunham, Annie Mumolo, Robert Smigel, Charlyne Yi, Lisa Darr, Michael Ian Black, Graham Parker, Billy Joe Armstrong
Directed by: Judd Apatow
Genre: Comedy
Runtime: 2 hours 15 minutes
Captions and Subtitles: English Details
Release year: 2012
Studio: Universal Pictures
MPAA Rating: Rated R for sexual content, crude humor, pervasive language and some drug material

0 comments:

Post a Comment